Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vacation

Is it really a vacation when you spend your time babysitting or dogsitting? Not that I have a major problem dogsitting, I love my dog and he is getting old so I don't trust a lot of people with him, but it would be nice not to have to worry about him sometimes. I teach 2nd grade and I love my kids, most of the time, but a summer vacation doesn't turn out to be a vacation. I spend it cleaning and taking care of other stuff. But this year I decided to be lazy for about a week. It has been great. Sleeping late and staying up late. Not worry about the time. Then I said yes to house/dog/catsitting. I tried to say no to going back to work for a day (without pay mind you) but "no" was not an acceptable answer to my boss. Great huh? Well I have plans. Just haven't sorted them out, but I have plans to relax.. and for a change only one festival this summer. But there is the Lumbee Homecoming and I really shouldn't miss it. It is this weekend along with the 4th of July fireworks. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment