Friday, January 1, 2010

Movies: The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

So I will admit I went to see the Squeakquel.  I went with my mom and my brother Phillip.  It was funny and surprisingly true to life in the way kids react and bully and tease at school.  The jocks that picked on the new kids... the one that was so use to the attention suddenly not getting it and decides to trash/threaten then become friendly with the one who is.  Also the fact that students seem to think that social status and popularity is more important than family activities and feelings of siblings.  On a positive note, I loved the music and the fact that the movie had the principal love the Chipmunks. It shows that principals and other staff members are people too.  As a teacher I love it when you find movies that show teachers are people that try to help, listen, and try to better their school- not just as those people that lecture, bore others, sleep, and pretty much are a negative aspect of school to the students.  I also liked the fact that the principal in the story was able to control a multitude with just a finger.  That was so funny to me.
So for right now I will be signing off for a little while.  I will let you know that I plan to buy the CD..not necessarily the DVD.  I love music remember... and this had some great songs in it.
BBL
Mech

No comments:

Post a Comment