Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chuck me in the shallow water

I feel like I am trying to tread water in mud. A friend leaves our boss's office crying and she won't tell me what is going on.  Well she said it had something to do with her not "being at her station" when the students came down the hall.  But in her defense, they let the students go 5 minutes early and her daughter had to go to the bathroom.  I don't know when we got to the point in which everyone has more rights than teachers, but we are there.  I would like to be able to offer comfort but she was told it could cost her job if she talked to anyone... how does that help someone cope with stress and stuff that life pushes in your face if you are not allowed to speak unless you want to lose your job.  I mean really...I wasn't asking for details... I just want to make sure that my friend is okay.  I want to know that she understands that I am there if she needs me and that she can get through it with God's help.  But I can't advise anyone when I don't know what is going on.  I can only say "Take it to the Lord in prayer" and pray for her myself.  Why is it okay to hurt people and to not see both sides of the story?  Why do we even try to be fair in today's society?  We tread water that is mostly mud.  We breathe air that is so thick that we choke.  So chuck me in the shallow water before I get too deep.  Give me breath that I don't have to swallow.  I want to see through glass that is transparent and not rose colored.  Things are not black and white.  They never have been.  Gray is such a strong part of us that we can't see it anymore. It's one way or the other and compromise is never heard from.  The same person should not get their own way all the time.  It's not good for anyone to have everything the way they want it to be. 
I guess I'll try to talk to her again and if she doesn't want to talk, I'll pray.
Mech

No comments:

Post a Comment