Saturday, January 16, 2010

I think that I could be a movie critic

I love to watch movies, but I do have a little standard... I only like the movies I like..lol.  I love to watch movies.  It helps you to think outside the box and gives you a chance to get out of your head.  I'm sitting here watching Oceans 13 and it is so much fun.  I really like the 3rd one.  Not the other 2 weren't good, but this one was about justice, not revenge or helping yourself.
I also love to watch the Bring It movie series.. for teeny bobs I like the 3rd and 4th better.  The first is not bad but I really don't like the 2nd movie.  It's just a couple of cool movies to watch with the preteens.  The teenagers nowadays would think that it's a little too "pretty" or "clean-cut" for them but for the younger kids it's cool.
If you like Eliza Dushku and you are a fan of the horror genre then you may enjoy  Open Graves. It's kind of cool for a sci-fi/horror flick.  It has a more sinister board game Jumanji almost feel to it.  The main difference is that the players' (about 6 of them) lifes are affected as the game is played.  It truly is a life or death game being played.  As Eliza's character states, "Everybody can win or everybody can lose" and that pretty much depends on the game, how you play it, and your intentions (character/personality).
Avatar is great movie.  The problem I have with it, is the language within it.  I understand that it really wasn't made for the kids but a lot of kids went to watch it.  And I know the main character had a military background but the movie wasn't about the military until the last 30 minutes or so.  There could have been a way around the majority of cuss words being used. I would have been happy to watch this movie with my niece and nephew (8 and 10) as many times as they would have wanted if not for the language.  As it was I went with my brother first so that I could see if I wanted my kids to see this movie and I wouldn't even take them.  I plan to buy the movie true, but I would not ever take kids under 15 to see the movie.  The movie had great CG (computer generated) effects and the relationships between the characters didn't become intimate on the screen.  The characters has a great rhythm with one another but the main relationship was between the characters and the planet and life as a whole.  I fully recommend it to my friends from college and we are the anime sect without being "immersed" in the culture.
As of right now that is as far as I want to go in my critic career.  I haven't gone to the movies in about 2 weeks so I'll have to wait for the next one that I "have" to see before I can chew the movie fat with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment