Thursday, December 30, 2010

a trio to read

Okay so I know I said that I had to go think about what to tell you to read....I have really eclectic taste in books okay!  But I have figured out what I want to talk about first so here it goes....a threesome!!!!!
LOL...I know it's a new concept for some and fantasy for others.  But just so you can understand my choice let me give you the titles. And if you have read them already and have a respectful comment to share- please feel free to do so.  I will try to respond back to the comments.
Please read them in order if you can.  It will help keep certain scenes better anchored in your mind.  Pack Challenge, Go Fetch!, and Here Kitty, Kitty by Shelly Laurenston.  The trio is about three best friends that have changes to adjust to, love, and fight (my favorite). In my opinion the more argumentative the book, the better the spicy scenes. In the first of the set is Pack Challenge in which the lead, Sara, is a shifter that doesn't know she's a shifter.  She had a grandmother that could have taught the devil lessons in meaness. So her sole reason for keeping a somewhat level head was the other two girls in her life. In comes a biker alpha-to-be, Zach, who "helps" her get into her "skin". 
The second part of the trio is Go Fetch! in which the lead female is Miki, a genius computer hacker that has a hard time getting her brain to calm down, so in comes Zach's best friend Conall- an extremely tall Viking shifter that believes in getting his man...umm mate...ummm genius woman.  (As you can tell I like this book better than the first.)  I happen to like books in which zesty spirit is shown.  Miki is a black woman that has no problem destroying anything that messes with the people she considers hers....literally.  And to tell you the truth- while I knew she was a black woman, Laurenston handled it in such a way that a 1/2 white/ 1/2 Indian chickie such as myself could lose the whole race scene.  Which to be honest was quite refreshing...I don't like being hit over the head with the whole "interracial couple" theme in some books.  It shouldn't matter if the woman is one race and the man is another.
And so we have come to the last book in the threesome!  Here Kitty, Kitty and I have to say...my personal favorite of the set....lol.  This is a latina woman,Angelina, that is use to men falling over her because of her beauty...but don't be fooled- remember who her best friends are (a feral shifter white woman and a genius hacker black woman.) So you know that she can kick butt if she has to....she just has to look good while doing it.  But what really impressed me was that the fact that Angelina didn't care about staying thin or dieting...She made the comment -"There's no same in having an X in front of that L."  Not to mention the cheeseburger, fries, real soda, and loads of ketchup she could eat without regret (and the ribs, fried chicken, sweet tea, and other normal fatty foods that normals like me eat.)  While I know she wasn't a size 18- she also wasn't a size 6 either.  She enjoyed being feminine, watching tv, music, and life.  But she also took care of business---hey someone has to hit a tiger in the head with the toplid of a toliet...even if the tiger was in his human skin at that point.  *Smile*  Like I said...the third one was my favorite-when it comes to leading ladies...but of the men- I'm torn...think on it...You have Zach- use to dealing with nuts-which these three ladies are (whipcord lean, deliciously hot), Conall- 7 ft tall and seems bulletin proof (muscles, able to handle short mad geniuses, patient, loves trying new positions), and Nik- southern boy charm, with brothers ya'll, takes care of his people, loves to tease (built but makes a suit look good, caramel on a stick). Who to choose.....so hard to decide...hey---all three!!!
Tell me what you think- did you enjoy them?  Did you find them lukewarm?  Were they not what you were looking for?  Too hot?  Not hot enough?
Comment people!..lol
For other random reads:
http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment