Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snowing!!!!!

So down here in Lumberton, NC we don't see a lot of snow....especially snow without a ton of ice.  But today we got a couple almost 4 inches. How awesome is that! Seriously, we have this week to enjoy the winter scene, so if it lingers around I won't mind.  I don't have to be back at work until next Monday.  The buses are not on the road because school is out- so it's fun for the kids and the dog!  So of course I plan on enjoying my winter wonderland this year.  This is the closest to a White Christmas for us since 1989.  I know that some people just don't know how to drive in the snow- an in my opinion they need to get someone else to do the driving for them.  Just so that those that don't live around here can understand what I am talking about- let me paint you a visual.
                   It starts to snow...just a few flurries....everyone heads to the grocery store for milk, bread, and eggs...don't ask me why...now we have about an inch (that will not be there later in the day mind you) and everything is closed down.  All the schools, churches, most of the businesses, all mom and pop places...and in the midst of this little bit of snow- Walmart, Food Lion, and Dob's gas station will stay open....lol.
So I hope that now you understand the reason that I am enjoying the fact that I can have my snow without having to make up a day teaching!..lol





No comments:

Post a Comment