Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So I haven't been blogging in a while

Okay I know that I haven't blogged in a while but that's okay because we had a lot of last minute things to do at school this past week or so... Getting ready for Christmas Break and taking down Christmas stuff in the classroom is redundant but necessary. Oh well, at least I have everything for the students taking care of and if others don't like it then they can pray for me. I know that everyone has their own ideas on what makes a good Christmas but for me it's simple. Family and friends. My birthday is on the 18th and it's real hard for others to understand why I don't view my birthday as a positive thing... but when you grow up hearing "just pick a present from under the tree as a birthday gift" you just don't expect people to separate your birthday and Christmas. I also heard "this counts as both a birthday and a Christmas gift, Mech." That's bull and they know it. They didn't intend for it to be a birthday gift they just forgot that my birthday was this close to Christmas and they didn't get me anything for it and don't plan to buy 2 gifts for me. But that's okay.. I just wish they were honest about it. I have to admit though, Chawanna and Donna make a point to get me something for both. I am so grateful for both of my friends. I don't always remember everything but I try to remember them in all my prayers.

On to the reason for the blog... have you notice that people lose their minds at Christmas? I mean, I try to pick up Christmas through out the year because I buy for the individuals and not the group. You know what I mean, the whole "everyone gets the same" or "everyone gets a gift card" deal. I like a gift card don't get me wrong but I like buying things that I know the person will enjoy and use. I don't expect them to buy me something I really don't- it's nice and all- but I really like watching their faces when they open a gift that they didn't expect to get. It's like Christmas each time. My favorite part is when they say something like "Oh, I didn't expect this" or "I know just where to put this" or "Where did you find this?" Those comments mean something to me.

Another favorite thing about Christmas is getting Christmas cards. I know some of you are wondering what is so special about getting a card and not a present. Let me explain it. Some people buy because they think it's expected of them. Some people buy to make themselves look better in someone else's eyes. Cards are not like that. You really look at the cards before you buy them. You think about the message on the card and is it something that you want to say. Then you think about the reason you're getting the card. Cards are thoughtful and caring. When you get a card that means that someone was thinking about you. Even if you are just someone on their list, they thought enough of you to send it through the mail. So from my family to yours (my pack to yours)... here is my Christmas card to you. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment