Monday, November 23, 2009

Field Trips

Why do we go on field trips with 2nd graders? Are we gluttons for punishment? That may be true but I do believe that we have lost our minds when we take 90 some 2nd graders on a field trip with 5 teachers, 4 assistants, and a student teacher that has no clue what she is in for.....But that is okay because the students have to learn how go on field trips without getting lost in the long run. Or if they get lost, know that someone... usually me because I have a big mouth, can find them. Why am I asking these questions? Because I am going on a field trip with 16 2nd graders and no assistant, no parents, and no other adult help.... Why b/c I've lost my mind. Maybe I should have taken tomorrow off and I wouldn't have to deal with the drama tomorrow. I hope that the ones that are not going on the trip will stay home, but if they come to school I will have work for them to do. Don't know exactly what, but I will have something for them to do. I'm apt to say that they need to help in the Kindergarten and 1st grade classes. I probably will give the ones in 3rd work to do.... Don't think that they can help the 3rd graders. Well, I think that I will turn in... or at least tone it down. I am starting to get stiff here. Going to finish watching "Ghost". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment