Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hunting Julian by Jacquelyn Frank

I've finished Hunting Julian and I am sorry that I didn't get back on to talk about it but after teaching for the past 10 months...I deserve a break.  I enjoyed Jacki's book and I am looking forward to reading the next one.  I did have somewhat of a problem suspending belief in a few parts.  It wasn't from the lack of trying but this one didn't flow as easily as the Shadowdwellers and the Demons series.  I did like the fact that the authority was shown up but I had some problems with the background.  I wanted to know why they were in charge, how did the Gatherers get picked- did they show power or promise and if so how? I wanted a little more of the background and I didn't get it.  at least it didn't feel like I did.  In her Demons series, Jacki gave plenty of background and explained that Demons weren't really bad and that Druids helped/harmed the image/lifestyle.  The leaders were chosen because of heredity and show of power.  In her Shadowdwellers series it was the same, but in the Gatherers series all I know is that if you are powerful you may become a member of the Ampliphi but I don't understand how become one...is there are check off list that says you have now learned all you need to know and if so- how come there aren't more members of the Ampliphi?  But the upside is the story with Julian and Asia was very well written- by this I mean while the background might have been lacking the storyline between those two characters was cohesive and flowed like I expect from Jacki.  Maybe the second book will give me more of the background I'm looking for and if not- Jacki is getting a message from me...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment