Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back from Vacation

So I am back from Disney World....jealous huh?  Don't be...it was great but you can go too with a little secret that I found.  Save your change...I am serious!  My mom and I took my niece and nephew with us to Disney World.  Because we went with a group of more than 10 people- we got a discount on the rooms during peak time.  We also help car washes and dinners in order to help everyone afford the payments.  But the biggest help for us was saving our change.  Everyday we took the change out of our pockets and put it in a jar.  We didn't count it or even go in it (if we could help it).  Mama worked on this for about 8 months and I did it for about 5 months.  Mama kept putting daddy's change in there too...lol.  When we took it to the bank coin changer Mama had over $500 saved and I had over $200 saved.  I didn't keep as much change in my pocket b/c the vending machines at work didn't always take bills.  But that's okay because the last supplement check that I got (I teach and I get 2 a year) I had planned to use for DW.  So overall I think that we did really well....especially considering that we collected change (mostly pennies and dimes) and not dollars.  We plan to go back...in the winter next time so we have begun to save our change again.  This time I am adding whatever I have in my pockets- if possible.  This should be good....don't know if we'll take both of the kids back with us but I know that they want to go.  Hopefully it will turn out great.  Esp. since I will have to take off from school to go...lol...I think that my kids would enjoy having a sub---NOT...they get more work with a sub than without one...hahaha- bad teacher..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment