Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon

So I took the kids to watch the 3D version of "How to Train Your Dragon" and I have to admit I liked the movie.  The extra charge for the 3d glasses and 3d experience just wasn't worth it to me.  I think that I would have enjoyed it with the regular version playing as well as I did the 3d.  Besides it would have been cheaper. I am not saying that no 3d movie isn't worth the price of the ticket, but this movie didn't have enough "effects" for the extras.  There was only a couple of instances in which the 3d was nice...and that was mostly in the beginning and in the commericals.  It was like the movie was not given the extra uummmph that was needed to make it a great 3d movie.  That being said, I really enjoyed the movie.  I plan to take my second grade students to watch it and I know they will enjoy it.  I would like to point out though that if you read the book....the movie wasn't like that.  The ending was pretty different even though some of the events were placed in it. But I think that this was one of the few movies that doesn't leave you saying "that didn't happen" or "in the book.....happened instead."  So I would recommend this movie...especially for the 10 and under group.  My darlings are 9 and 10 and they enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment